Highway Asset and Network Management issue permits and licences to allow various activities to take place on the highway.
- carriageway - used by vehicles, such as cars, bicycles, goods vehicles, and so on.
- footway - the walkway for pedestrians that runs next to a carriageway.
- footpath - a walkway, bridleway or other Public Rights of Way that run between two different highways. (Please follow this link for more information on Public Rights of Way)
- verge - typically grassed or shrubbed area next to another area of highway. This often has services such as utility pipes running under it.
- alleyway - generally a cobbled or tarmaced area to the rear or side of properties, used for access to properties and other highway areas.
Opening times for our office:
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays - closed
Out of hours call us on 01782 234234. Our emergency services are available on this number.
Contact us at:
Telephone 01782 237061
Fax 01782 232471
Minicom 01782 232331
Transport Network Services
Stoke on Trent
- Highway licensing - skips, temporary structures, road opening licences
- Public rights of way - definitive map, footpaths, bridleways
- Traffic management - event support, strategic response, abnormal load routing
- Streetworks coordination - who, why and where of works on the highway
- Temporary traffic regulations
- Temporary traffic lights
- Highway closures - responsive and planned
- Advice on highway legislative procedures