The Land Charges team are based on floor 3 of the Civic Centre.
The Local Land Charges service is a vital link in the conveyancing market. The team are responsible for providing a statutory service for the co-ordination and accurate completion of official land and property searches required during conveyancing. We are also responsible for the maintenance of and access to the statutory Local Land Charges register.
Buying a property is the most risky and expensive purchase people make in a lifetime. Local searches are reports which provide buyers with important information about a property to help with the decision on whether to proceed with the purchase. Not having the information up front could have future consequences.
On Wednesday 14 December 2016 some important changes were made to the Land Charges Service. This included the implementation of the new 2016 Search Forms and new fee scales. In addition, on the 1April 2017 we will be implementing VAT on Con29 searches as required by HMRC. Please see attachments below for further information.
- Customer Letter (7.12.16)
- Customer Letter (21.12.16)
- Customer Letter (13.3.17)
- Customer Scale of Charges 2017 (including VAT)
- New Search Request Form
- New Search Request Form (including VAT)
Benefits of our searches
Our searches are provided quickly, are competitively priced and we guarantee the quality which is crucial when you are buying or selling any property or land.
This is how we can help you:
- Competively priced, our residential search (LLC1 and CON29R) is now £83.60 and a commercial search is £92.70
- Completed fast usually between 4 and 10 working days.
- We provide quality, accuracy and fully completed comprehensive answers to all our reports.
- Variety of payment methods. Cheque, Cash, Debit/Credit Card, Invoice and Bacs.
- We offer electronic return via email and NLIS.
- Easy ways to apply. Web Portal, Email, NLIS Level 3, Post, DX, hand delivery and also only one search form and plan is required.
- Easy ways to obtain search request forms from the link below.
- Easy way to submit a local search via our local search web portal or search request form.
- Provide quality assurance and a product you can trust.
- Compiled by experts in each field relating to Land Charges, Highways, Planning, Building regulations, Housing, Pollution, and Property Services
- Covered by council insurance for many years to come eliminating risk for all concerned.
- Variety of search types to suit your needs.
- Legally binding document endorsed with the official stamps of the council.
- Backed by the law society.
- Any discrepancies on an official search will be resolved for free in minutes with our experienced local search team.
- We do not return incorrect search applications, we contact you first saving you time and money.
- Pre-search and post-search service.
- If you choose to have a personal search it is in your interests to ensure that any insurance they offer covers you after exchange. The council has no repsonsibility for this type of search and any queries arising from these will involve a fee.
You will need a copy of Adobe Acrobat reader to view these files. To download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat please click here.