We want to make sure that food manufactured or sold in the city is safe to eat and prepared by suitably trained people.
We will also give advice if you own or are considering setting up a food business and are looking for advice on food safety or food safety training.
Contact us straight away if you have any concerns about the conditions or practices at a food business that you have visited, the safety of food you have bought or eaten, or in connection with food standards.
Our Food Safety Officers :
- carry out enforcement and advice visits to make sure food sold to the public is safe to eat;
- regularly inspect food businesses;
- investigate complaints about food products or businesses;
- provide advice on food hygiene law and good practice;
- carry out food sampling and bacteriological analysis;
- take part in events to raise awareness of food safety issues; and
- investigate cases of food poisoning and food borne illness.
Contact us at:
Hanley Town Hall
8.45am to 5pm Monday to Thursday
8.45am to 4.30pm Friday
Tel: 01782 232065
Fax: 01782 236496
For more information about Food Safety Week 2016 "How to save money and reduce waste by eating cooking or freezing food by the Use By date" click on this link: