Our translation and interpretation team offer translations in a variety of languages. For a list of the languages we cover please use the link from this page.
If you want to use our translation and interpretation services you can contact us 24 hours a day.
Between 9am to 5pm
- Call us on 01782 235085 or 01782 235088 and give us brief details of the problem and the language required.
- We'll then tell you how soon an interpreter will be available.
- If you decide to go ahead and use our services you need to fill in the booking form at the bottom of this page and email it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This form is available in Word format so that you can fill it in electronically or pdf so that you can print it off and fill it in manually. If you are filling it in manually please either send it in the post using our address below, or you can fax it to us on Fax no 01782 235090.
- Please also let us know if you prefer a male or female interpreter.
Council tenants will not be charged for the translation and interpretation service - all bookings should be made by the housing officer.
If you need to contact us after 5pm please call us on 01782 234234.
Our contact details
Translation and Interpretation Service
Civic Centre - Town Hall site
Telephone: 01782 235085/88
Fax: 01782 235090
Charges for interpretation
- Actual interpretation: first hour - £28 per hour or part of an hour. After first hour - £14 per every 1 – 30 minutes
- Travel time: £14 per hour
- Travel expenses: 65p per mile or actual cost of public transport and parking charges, if any
- Cancellation charge: £28
- Urgent booking: £56 per hour or part of an hour - if booked with less than five working days notice, on all weekends and public holidays
- Charges for contacting service user on your behalf on telephone: from £5 to £20
Charges for translation
- Translation, typesetting, proof reading and layout: £20 per hour
- Minimum charge: £20
To view the pdf document below you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader please visit www.adobe.com.