Sex Establishments

Before we issue a licence for a sex establishment, people in the area must be given the opportunity to comment on, or object to the application.

  • You must advertise in the local press and display a notice outside the premises for 21 days.
  • You can find templates of these notices at the end  of the application form.

If anyone wishes to make an objection to the application they must do so within 28 days in writing addressed to:

Licensing services,
Stoke-on-Trent City Council
Hanley Town Hall
Albion Street

To apply for a sex establishment licence or a sexual entertainment venue you will need to complete an application form at the bottom of the page and pay the relevant fee.

Tel: 01782 232774

Opening times

  • Monday 9am until 4.45pm
  • Tuesday 9am until 4.45pm
  • Wednesday 9am until 4.45pm
  • Thursday 9am until 4.45pm
  • Friday 9am until 4.15pm
  • Saturday - CLOSED
  • Sunday - CLOSED

Related Files: