We are responsible for routine emptying and emergency clearance of grids and drainage when flooding of roads or pavements happens.

You are responsible for protecting your own property from flooding.  Sandbags should be sourced from local builders merchants if required.

The grids are cleaned on average once a year.  However, after a reported blocked grid has been inspected, additional cleaning can be arranged if there is a possible risk of damage to the property.

Public and private sewers

to report flooding from public sewers (dirty water)

  • you will need to contact Severn Trent Water on 0800 783 4444 to report flooding from private sewers or drains and also any leaks
  • if your private drain are overflowing you will need a drainage contractor to deal with any blockage
  • if you are uncertain if it is a public or privare blockage Severn Trent Water will be able to determine this, once on site
  • You will be recharged for the cost of any work carried out on a private sewer

to report a blocked grid you will need the following information:

  • the exact location of the problem grid
  • your name, address, telephone number and email address
  • a brief description of the problem

Please contact Stoke-on-Call  on 01782 234234 or visit your nearest local centre to report any problems with blocked grids or gullies.

For regular updates in relation to flood warnings you can follow the following people on Twitter: