Public Rights of Way

Additional points

  • A permissive route is not a public right of way. You are allowed to use it with the permission of the landowner.
  • There is a difference between public and private rights. Stoke-on-Trent City Council does not hold records of private rights of access - you should seek your own legal advice on such matters.
  • When using public rights of way you should be aware that there may also be an additional landowner or other private rights of access with vehicles.
  • Although footpaths, bridleways and restricted byways exclude motor vehicles, this is without prejudice to any higher public rights that may exist.
  • If you have any queries on how to amend the Definitive Map and Statement, or any other related subject please contact us using the contact details on the Highway Licences home page.

Click here to access the  Public Rights of Way Register



Related Files: